Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

When we first got our dining room table, our friends joked with us that we will have to find 10 other people to invite over to fill it for every dinner party. This got the conversation moving to an imaginary celebrity dinner party. Since that day it's something my husband and I jokingly discuss every now and then. We have some overlappers, but couldn't agree on an exact guest list. So, we will have to have 2 of these imaginary parties. Below are both of our lists. Interestingly, his is almost all male.

Vanessa's Imaginary Dinner Party
1 George W. Bush -I recognize the oddity of this one, but have many reasons.
2 Ryan Seacrest - I consider him the hardest working person in Hollywood.
3 Simon Cowell - I completely respect his honesty, intelligence and success.
4 Kim Kardashian - Every dinner party needs a reality tv star. Then she can show me how to do my eye makeup better.
5 Britney - I actually don't think Britney would be all that interesting, but it's Britney, I can't pass that up. Then Kim and I could style her, properly.
6 Derek Jeter - Even if everyone started fighting, he'd be the perfect picture of class.
7 Barbara Walters - She will undoubtedly keep the conversation going.
8 Robin Williams - Comic relief.
9 Prince Harry - He may not be the obvious royal choice, but he's definitely the fun one.
10 Justin Timberlake - Solely to sit him next to Britney. I'm evil like that.

Jordan's Imaginary Dinner Party
1 Spencer Pratt - He was gung ho about this one...don't ask.
2 Derek Jeter - His forever man crush

3 Simon Cowell - He's equally as fascinated with Simon as I am.
4 Ellen Degeneres - I originally wanted her, but then I'd look like some weird Idol freak and I'm def not.
5 Jay Z - He said, "Who wouldn't want Jay-Z at their dinner table?"
6 Lady Gaga - Only if she wears something that doesn't take up 2 seats.
7 Bear Grylls - I hope he doesn't mind that we serve all of our food cooked.
8 Dane Cook - Every almost all guy dinner also needs some crass comedy, I suppose.
9 Larry David - And some dry, awkward humor.
10 James Cameron - Hubs is on an Avatar kick, so he is fascinated by this man's mind.
Share your lists with us!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so glad to see that my suggestion (#9, Prince Harry) made it to the official list.
I think you need to bump one of these people off for Kendra because seriously, she would be the life of this par-tay and I would love to see her interact with George Dubya.