Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes Best Dressed Fashion Round Up

Last year I wasn't so happy with the award season fashion, but this time around I have a top 7 and that's just from the Golden Globes! Though Olivia Wilde's Gucci dress is not something that my personal fashion sense would gravitate towards, I thought the fit, combined with her hair and makeup was just stunning. I only got a glimpse of Maria Menounos on the red carpet, but quickly fell in love with her bright red gown. Short in the front and long in the back it had a Barbie goes to Hollywood feel. Who didn't ooh and ahh over Emily Blunt's pastel perfection in Dolce & Gabbana? Drew Barrymore's Atelier Versace gown was perfectly Drew. Feminine and pretty with those quirky under the sea-esque poofs. I don't think any other gown could have been better suited for her. Glee's Lea Michele wowed me and the crowd in a Princess-style Oscar de la Renta. Zoe Saldana's jewel tone Louis Vuitton gown fit her statuesque frame like a dream and was complemented with soft hair and makeup. The gold shade of Mo'Nique's strapless Reem Acra gown made her complexion glow (or was that the win?) and the shape of the gown with the draping in the back was extremely complimentary. This year the overall jewelry trend was understated - all 7 of my picks happen to be necklace free!








0 comments: