Thursday, July 1, 2010

15 Years Later Clueless Dress Makes A Comeback

This morning I woke up to a little bit of excitement, well exciting for me. While reading my morning blogs and news I discovered a short article on InStyle.com. It immediately caught my eye because in the title it mentioned "Clueless". Clueless happens to be my favorite movie of all time and I'm pretty sure any girl who was my age when it was released probably holds it close to their heart as well. Now for those who don't share my enthusiasm, don't get worked up. I don't actually believe the movie deserves critical acclaim or was snubbed at the 1996 Oscar's. I just think it is the best movie of all time - in its genre (teen comedy). If you disagree, at least consider that it gave us Paul Rudd (yummy). So now that, coupled with my love for fashion is what got me really excited this morning. LA's Confederacy Boutique asked Calvin Klein director Francisco Costa to re-cut the iconic white dress (15 years later) from the film for their store. I'm sure you remember it, but if you need a refresher - Cher (Alicia Silverstone) greets her date, the Jason Priestly look-a-like Christian, in the family dining room. Her father asks her, "What are you wearing?" She replies, "A dress." He asks, "Says who?" and she chuckles and responds, "Calvin Klein". The dress makes its debut today on their website for $916.



0 comments: